St. Joseph’s Convent Alumnae (SJCA) was registered in March 1973 by a group of past students including the late Miss Angela Wee (Class of 1955 & ex-teacher in CHIJ SJC from 1956 to 1996).
The objectives of the Alumnae are to:
- Foster a spirit of friendship and mutual cooperation among its members,
- Preserve the love of the Alma Mater,
- Cooperate with St. Joseph’s Convent and render whatever assistance as may, from time to time, be required for the advancement of the school, and
- Promote social, cultural and intellectual activities.
Presently, the Alumnae consists of 3 types of membership.
- Ordinary and Life memberships are open to past pupils of the school. Persons currently attending any schools, including universities, polytechnics and Ngee Ann Technical College, are not eligible.
- Honorary membership may be bestowed upon any person who is currently the principal or a member of the teaching staff of the Alma Mater who is nominated by the Executive Committee for election at the Annual General Meeting.
- An Honorary member does not have any vote, hold office or have any say in the management of the Association.
The SJCA Council is made up of:
- 1st Vice-President
- 2nd Vice-President
- Honorary Secretary
- Asst. Honorary Secretary
- Honorary Treasurer
- 4 Committee Members
Read the message from SJCA President Aruna Johnson here: Message from SJCA President
Join the Alumnae!
The current SJCA committee is excited about welcoming new members into the fold to chart our next chapter. It is only with your generous help that we can do more for our alma mater.
If you are keen to support SJC and our mission, please complete and return the application form. Instructions are within.
You may also contact Ms Ho Wei Ling, SJC Vice-Principal, (64897580) to find out more about the Alumnae. More information is also available at SJCA’s Official Website and on Facebook.