- To cultivate empowered and engaged 21st century learners who are discerning yet empathetic and effective communicators
- To inspire a deep appreciation for the English Language and Literature, and their use in creative expression and in daily life
- Focus on experiential learning and guided discovery to allow for deep learning
- Explicit instruction on the use of visible thinking strategies to enhance metacognition
- Opportunities to harness ICT to allow for the co-construction of knowledge
Through all the above programmes, students will learn to use the English Language with impact, effect and affect.
Our department’s work is tied closely to our school’s Applied Learning Programme in Theatre and Debates. Find out more here.